Monday, April 1, 2013

Fresh Sewing Day

As usual, it's hard to believe another month has passed already. But here in Seattle, we've had just a few hints of spring, and that alone is reason to celebrate moving forward. Meanwhile, March was a busy enough month with my usual assortment of bee blocks and other "littles". My fav? A scary-looking but totally not-as-hard-as-it-looks Octagonal Orb (middle row, right-hand pic). It 's for the Always Bee Learning bee, and it's going to be one amazing quilt!

A last-minute finish was the Doodle Memory Game. I confess, though I totally consider myself a quilter, I do love these littles.

And then, the quilts. First up was the Scrappy Trip that you've seen all over blog-land  Considering I really wanted to make a few scrappy quilts this year, this one was a perfect start. I still smile every time I look at it. 

And then was my first quilt as a quilter for FAITH Circle. To say I'm pleased with this finish is such an understatement. It was a real treat combining my bee-member's blocks into a design that's been calling to me for ages. I'm pretty sure I'll be making another one of these.
FAITH Circle February quilt completed


Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

13 comments:

  1. Such lovely finishes. Love both the ScrappyTrip Along (Have avoided this so far, but I just love the colors in yours) and the HST quilt is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a springish color theme going on with your bee blocks and of course your 2 quilts are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a fab month there, and love that wee game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Debbie, all this in March! You had a great month with beautiful sewings! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trip trip trip...totally want to scrap bust with one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little finishes just feel so satisfying, don't they? But your big ones are fabulous, too! I love the hst quilt and your scrappy trip! I need to get mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had a very productive month and everything is so nice.
    Love your Scrappy Trip quilt and the Doodle Memory Game set in the previous post.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the orange and green/aqua in the first mosaic! Both of your quilts are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that game, what a novel idea! The quilt finish from the faith circle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have had a beautiful month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodness gracious! March was good to you. or you were good for March? either way, that is an impressive line up of pretty pretty works.

    ReplyDelete