Thursday, September 26, 2013

Deja Vu and Other Randomness

Last week's random linky was quite fun! I really enjoyed seeing all of your most-viewed flickr photos! While we're on a roll, I thought we'd do it again. But this time, how about linking up your very first blog post? {Mine's here.} It's good to take a glance back now and them, not just to see how far you've come, but also as a reminder of what prompted you to start blogging in the first place. I love the hopefulness and innocence in these posts. And if you aren't a blogger, link up your first flickr photo or any other first for that matter.

Hard to believe quarter 3 of the Finish-A-Long is almost over!! The FAL is always a great motivator for me and I'm excited to be sharing a tutorial in this round up! I'm also quilting like crazy in an effort to finish just one more w.i.p.!
she can quilt

Interesting new books by authors I 'know' are more than abundant lately. What's enticing you? This one popped into my cart this week (on preorder), a dictionary of sorts by two awesome quilt bloggers, Lynne Goldsworthy and Kerry Green.


And so did Delancey: A Man, a Woman, a Restaurant, a Marriage by Molly Wizenberg of Orangette.
Molly's first book, A Homemade Life, is one of my favorites, where she "recounts a life with the kitchen at its center". I can relate to that.


We're already in the final stretch of the Zakka 2.0 :: Patchwork, Please sew along. {snif}
I hope you'll stop by next Monday and see the project I get to present! Here's a little sneaky peek!

And fabric has shipped out for the Modern Quilt Guild's Basics Challenge with Riley Blake Designs. The Seattle Modern Quilt Guild will be participating - any one else?
Well that's about it for this week!
Linking up with Random Thursday.

16 comments:

  1. Fun idea Debbie - I have definitely come a long way, and my blogging style has changed I hope - less writing, better pictures! Congrats on your 700 followers btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting another fun linky, Debbie! I will definitely be coming back later to read everyone's first posts. Heading over to Annabella's now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, and what fun to link up our first blog posts. Good luck on your last finish and I am looking forward to seeing your Patchwork Please project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Debbie. I think we have all come a long way since our first posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great link up idea. Looking forward to visiting everyones' first posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of goodness there! I'll link up my first post in a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am participating in the Riley Blake challenge, I am so excited to be participating in a challenge from the Modern Quilt Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to hear that Molly Wizenberg has another book coming out! I loved her first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going back to look, I saw that my first blog post didn't even have a photo!! So my profile pic will do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Heather, my first blog post didn't have a photo, either. Hilarious to go back and read. Thanks for a fun linky and sorry for being a delinquent Zakka Alonger. Life is getting in the way these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect timing - I just celebrating my Year of Blogging on Monday and included my 1st post in it. It was short with no pictures so I had to link up with a pic of me! So much learned with much fun this year...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love my first ever blog post. It is so different from the things I am blogging now and it shows perfectly how much I have changed ... and there is a huge change going on now! thanks for reminding

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for doing this, so nice to see the beginnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! It feels weird to look back at my own early blog posts, but it's so fun to see how everyone started out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mine was short and sweet :) I'd love to do the MQG challenge but the meetings are too far away for me to attend so I'm not a member

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely coming back to read these--how fun

    ReplyDelete