Friday, October 18, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along :: Blocks 61, 62, & 63

What simple-to-construct blocks this week. Usually I'm hopping back and forth between my machine and the ironing board, but I was able to finger-press seams and stitch the blocks up in one sitting.

#62 is my favorite for the week. In person, the fabric colors mesh really nicely and I love that top print.

I like the mix of blue and gray in #63. And even though I didn't have the same print, I think the finished 'look' is quite similar.

So there we go with this week's little City Sampler diversion!

Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! I've never been able to stick with a project like that (BOM's usually last a few months). That's probably why my Farmer's Daughter book sits unopened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your blocks and I have the book and....I am buying my first, yes I said first, Featherweight - a Centennial model, this morning and this is a tempting way to start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! What's the grand total going to be again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the yellow Birds and The Bees fabric a voile? I just got some of this and was wondering if it would play well with regular quilters cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so amazed at how close you get your fabrics to the book! Yours are very pretty!!


    Susie

    ReplyDelete