Monday, October 6, 2014

2014 Finish-A-Long: Q3 Finishes

Three out of four finishes for me this quarter. I shoulda, coulda, woulda that last one, but I didn't quite make it. OH well. If you missed them, links to project posts are below finish photos.

With the blocks all pieced, it didn't take much to get my next Postcard quilt sewn together and finished.
So here's the completed quilt. I was curious about the pattern as a larger quilt. This one's 1.5 times wider and twice as long as my original. And I'm liking is just as much. 
On my Q3 list were also 2 table runners inspired by a pattern by Susanne Woods in We Love Color.
Since I was making these runners in custom sizes, there was a fair amount of math figuring out sizes and placements, but they went together really nicely. 

And finally, I really took my time on my latest Spiraled quilt. I was building it on my design wall as the quarter started.

But just in the nick of time, I finished it up.

The last project on my list was another Postcard quilt with blocks made by FAITH Circle. Here's a photo of the completed top, and just yesterday I got it basted, so it shouldn't be long now.

So it could have been much worse. Now to look ahead to the last quarter of the year.

14 comments:

  1. I really admire your work Debbie! I love the colour palette in Duo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiraled is so striking . . . and we already know I like the postcard quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close, but I know you will finish that last one real soon! I'm always so impressed at how much you actually get finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any finish is a good finish ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes! I'm sure that last post card quilt will be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes Debbie - really love your postcard quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're always so good with finishes debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go! I got 2 out of 5 done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes, I really cannot pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Spoonflower fabric is a cute addition to your postcard quilt. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finishes! Have motivation envy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful projects. That spiral underground . . . I love that. Your Italy trip looked lovely. Will look forward to following your future projects.

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete