Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Modern Sampler :: Block L

I can hardly believe I just finished the last block for the Modern Sampler quilt along! Block L got the paper-pieced treatment for those columns of triangles, all scraps of course!


AND I even got all the blocks pieced together! There are borders to be added, but I've chosen and purchased that fabric, so I just need to set aside some time to do it. It's been a while since I added borders to anything, but for this one, I'm going to just follow the pattern.


There is also some applique to be done! I've already added three of the pieces, though you probably can't tell in this photo. Dare I say this quilt is the hardest thing to photograph! But I'm really excited to be this far, and looking forward to keeping up my momentum on it.

I'll be linking up with the modern sampler quilt along later this month

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm not sure I could have stuck with this project but it is striking. I can't wait to see the back and what plans you have for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! I love your version with neutral tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a so very stunning quilt! I've always drooled over this pattern--but never has it looked so gorgeous. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so cool! I'm not a huge fan of borders but I do think this one needs them to contain all of the crazy awesomeness! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your neutrals colors and how you played with this blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your version of this quilt is so much more appealing to me than the original - maybe I would've even joined in if I could better imagine quilts with different colors and what small changes one can do to adapt it to your own style. Really looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great can't wait to see the boarders.

    ReplyDelete